BenQ America Corp. W5000
Full HD (1080p) Native Resolution Home Cinema Projector
Ultra High Contrast for Cinema Class Performance
Turn It On and Your Home Becomes a Cinema
Built to deliver ultra-high contrast, this projector allows you to see visuals on-screen just as you would see them in real life. Because connoisseurs know the difference, this projector is built to world-class specifications.
The BenQ W5000 with Senseye technology brings you the best picture quality in 1080p Full HD, ultra-high contrast ratio, smooth video stream performance and HQV (Hollywood Quality Video) that renders standard definition material in Full HD-like video quality, and much more.
Premium Full HD Home Cinema Projector
The BenQ W5000 offers the highest standard of cinema class viewing. It supports multiple video formats including 480p, 576p, 720p and 1080i/p. From HDTV or Blu-ray® Disc to video games for Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3, you can enjoy the latest video formats in Full HD, the new standard of video performance. HD isn't just the latest thing; it's the only thing. 1080p Full HD delivers 5X more detail than traditional 480p projectors.
The W5000 features BenQ's Dual Iris technology, a unique two-step image enhancement process. When you are watching a really great movie, there are certain times when high contrast ratio can make all the difference. Place likes the darkest reaches of outer space, the skies high above the battlefield, a haunted house, or inside an Egyptian pyramid. With high contrast ratio, everything is clear. You can see all of the details. Without it, you're just in the dark. Dual Iris technology enhances image contrast to provide you with the most detailed image possible.
Step One of the Dual Iris technology is the advanced continuous electronic iris. Working like your own eye, it widens and narrows, letting out as much light as necessary to match the selected contrast range. The W5000 comes with 4 preset modes for the iris (Cinema, Dynamic, Standard, Photo) and 3 memory slots to calibrate to your own preferred settings.
Step Two features a second level of iris control working with Texas Instruments DynamicBlack™ to enhance contrast based on the exact image being shown. DynamicBlack™ digitally examines source video to determine the appropriate iris aperture for the level of light present in a given scene and opens or closes the projector iris accordingly.
The W5000 is built for AV connoisseurs. Through partnership with Texas Instruments and Philips, BenQ has created the truest colors and best viewing experience possible.
- High-speed 7 segment color wheel delivers the best balance between optimal brightness and color
- BrilliantColor™ technology boosts mid-tone colors to increase overall brightness and produces a more life-life picture
- VIDI Lighting technology produces more brightness by delivering more lumens on screen than competing systems and normal lamp
- Full 4:4:4 Color Sampling to achieve greater color accuracy by handling each color signal individually
- True 10-bit Processing for image intensity and rich gradation of color
- Independent Color Management puts you in control
The W5000 can project standard definition video in Full HD clarity. When you want to view images that are below the 1080p HD standard - such as analog, 480i, 480p or 720p, the projector converts this content to deliver Full HD-like performance, ensuring that you get the best viewing experience possible.
The W5000 uses Senseye de-interlacing to analyze both previous and current frame pixel data - twice as much visual data per pixel as competing 'motion adaptive de-interlacing' systems.
The W5000 is thoughtfully designed with two HDMI inputs so that you won't have to swap cables each time you want to view digital content from a second source. When your movie is over and you and your guests want to view something else, the transition from one enjoyment to the next will be effortless.
See Movies in Full Screen
Optional Panamorph™ lenses allow you to show 2.35:1 aspect format video - such as major studio movies - in their original widescreen format at maximum resolution with no image distortion or letterboxing.
BenQ America Corp. End User Limited Warranty
- Native Full HD 1080p (1820x1080) Resolution
- DLP® Technology
- 1200 ANSI Lumens
- 10,000:1 Contrast Ratio
- BenQ Senseye™ De-Interlacing Technology
- Pixel-by-Pixel Processing Motion Adaptive De-Interlacing
- HQV - Hollywood Quality Video
- Powered Vertical Lens Shift
- Motorized Dual Iris Technology
- Dust Proof with Air-Filter
- Noise Reduction
- Independent Color Control
- ISF CCC Certified
- Whisper Silent Design - Only 25dB
- Zero Light Leakage
- Panamorph™ Lens Compatible
BenQ America Corp. warrants the BenQ digital projector you have purchased from a BenQ authorized reseller/retailer to be free from defects in materials or workmanship under normal consumer use. The standard limited warranty features:
- Projector Warranty: One (1) year parts and labor coverage from the purchase date. No advance replacement. (Refurbished units have a separate warranty policy.)
- Lamp Warranty: Lamp is guaranteed 90 days or 500 hours from the purchase date, whichever comes first.
- Return Merchandise Authorization Shipping: If you experience problems with your BenQ projector during the warranty period, please contact BenQ tech support directly at 866-600-2367. You, the customer, will pay shipping freight to BenQ or BenQ Authorized Service Provider and BenQ will pay shipping freight back to you unless it is DOA.
- Dead On Arrival (DOA) Products: You must report DOAs within the first 30 days after invoice date. BenQ will replace the DOA unit with a brand new replacement. BenQ will cover the freight charges both ways. Please contact BenQ tech support directly at 866-600-2367.
- Repaired or Replaced Parts and Products: All repaired or replaced parts or products shall be warranted only for the remainder of the original warranty period specified above.
If the projector becomes becomes defective during warranty period, BenQ will, at its option and without charge, repair or replace the projector. BenQ may use new or reconditioned components or parts to repair the projector, or replace the projector with a new or reconditioned projector of the same or functionally equivalent model.
For full warranty terms, conditions and language: Click Here (PDF Form)