Canon USA Inc. REALiS series WUX10 Mark II D
WUXGA Native LCoS Digital Multimedia Projector
Manufacturer Item No.:
Manufacturer Only Return or Repair
Click Here for Details
The REALiS WUX10 Mark II D is a high-performance WUXGA (1920 x 1200) resolution projector using LCOS technology, specifically designed to reproduce medical images in crisp and clear detail and is optimized for viewing Xrays. This exceptional widescreen projector also features Canon's exclusive AISYS technology - with improved light efficiency, uniformity, and expanded color space for outstanding color reproduction, delivering razor-sharp image quality.
Featuring a new DICOM Simulation image mode setting, the REALiS WUX10 Mark II D can be calibrated to the DICOM14 standard- a grayscale display standard used by virtually every medical professional that utilizes images within the medical education industry. Other features of this widescreen projector include an HDMI terminal (version 1.3 deep color) for projection of high-quality digital images and uncompressed 1080p video, as well as a built-in network connection for remote network operation.
The REALiS WUX10 Mark II D is the perfect choice for medical schools that require a projector that can deliver high-resolution images with exceptional detail and clarity.
Canon USA Warranty Service
Canon U.S.A., Inc. and Canon Canada Inc. (collectively "Canon") warrant to the original end-user purchaser that the following Canon products purchased will be free from defects in workmanship and materials under normal use and service for:
- A period of three (3) years from the date of purchase of the Canon projector
- A period of one-hundred and twenty (120) days from the date of purchase of the included lamp
- A period of three (3) years from the date of purchase of the included accessory items
During the warranty period for the projector, Canon will, in its sole discretion and without charge, exchange any defective parts for new or comparable rebuilt parts or exchange any defective projector for a new or comparable used projector. During the warranty period for the lamp, Canon will, in its sole discretion and without charge, exchange a defective lamp for a new lamp. Except as set forth herein, this warranty does not cover consumable items as to which there is no warranty or replacement. Warranty exchange or replacement does not extend the original warranty periods of the projector or lamp.
For any technical issues, contact Canon technical support by email at the Canon USA website
or via phone at 1.800.828.4040 during regular business hours (Monday-Friday 8:00am-12:00mid Eastern; Saturday 10:00am-8:00pm, Eastern, excluding holidays).
To request a repair, contact Canon technical support at 1.800.OK.CANON (800.652.2666) or request repair online through the Canon USA website here
. You can also locate an authorized service center here
or by calling 1.800.828.4040.
For full details of the Canon warranty, Click Here
Canon's Projector Protection Program (Triple P) is a service program that provides a loaner projector of equal or greater quality in the event that your projector needs to be repaired.
- Free to any buyer within their first year of new product warranty
- To use program, contact Canon Customer Support at 1.800.828.4040 during regular business hours (Monday-Friday 8:00am-12:00mid Eastern; Saturday 10:00am-8:00pm Saturday)
- For next business day delivery of loaner projectors, a Customer Activation Form must be received by Canon Customer Support Center by 3pm Eastern (Monday-Friday)
- Customer must provide a valid credit card as security for the loaner unit
- Delivery not available on Saturday and Sunday
- Loaner unit based on availability
- Program available for products purchased and utilized in the U.S. only
- Applies to WUXGA, SXGA+ and XGA resolution products only
- Program subject to change at any time without any given notice