PowerLite S17 SVGA 3LCD Projector
A bright projector with flexible connectivity at an affordable price.
Featuring easy BYOD connectivity and amazing image quality, the PowerLite S17 is the ideal tool for presenting impactful lessons — all at an affordable price. Offering 3x Brighter Colors1 than competitive models, Epson® 3LCD projectors ensure bright, vivid images. With 2700 lumens of color brightness and 2700 lumens of white brightness2, plus SVGA resolution, the PowerLite S17 is sure to captivate students. HDMI connectivity easily brings high-quality digital video, plus audio, into any learning environment. There’s even a wireless option to project content from popular mobile devices. Reliable and always impressive, the PowerLite S17 is the budget-friendly choice for the modern classroom.
3x Brighter Colors1, and reliable performance — 3LCD, 3-chip technology
One measurement of brightness is not enough — look for both high color brightness and high white brightness. The PowerLite S17 has:
Color Brightness — 2700 lumens2
White Brightness — 2700 lumens2
Impressive image quality — native SVGA resolution
HDMI digital connectivity — high-quality video and audio with just one cable
Wireless — project from your iPhone®, iPad® and AndroidTM mobile devices with the Epson iProjectionTM App (requires optional wireless module)
Long-lasting lamp — up to 6000-hour lamp life3
Easily engage your students — built-in 5 W speaker; or, use external speakers, even in Standby Mode
Amazing image quality
3x Brighter Colors with Epson
Brilliant image quality requires high color brightness (color light output), and Epson 3LCD projectors have 3x Brighter Colors than leading competitive projectors.1
One brightness measurement (lumens) is not enough. A projector’s specification needs to show both high color brightness and high white brightness. If color brightness is lower than white brightness, images may be dark, dull and lose detail. If not provided, be sure to ask for a projector’s color brightness specification.
3LCD — The #1 projection technology in the world
- All 3LCD projectors have both high color brightness and high white brightness
- All 3LCD projectors have 3 chips
- 25% lower power consumption for lower energy costs4
- 20 years of road-tested reliability
Remarkable resolution for brilliant clarity and detail
Resolution defines the level of detail and depth you’ll see in a projected image. It’s measured as the number of pixels wide by the number of pixels high. The more pixels, the better the detail.
Easy to share
Share from your tablet or smartphone (optional wireless LAN module required)
Display from your iOS or Android mobile device with the free Epson iProjection App and any nearby wireless Epson projector.
- Control your presentation with just a touch of the screen
- Advance through PowerPoint® or Keynote presentations
- Zoom in and out of PDF, Excel® and Word® documents
- Project web pages and view brilliant, high-quality images
Easy to use
Simple Setup Suite from Epson
Epson projectors offer a suite of innovative features that ensure flexible placement and fast, easy setup.
- HDMI connectivity - Get both audio and brilliant video quality with just one cable. Compatible with the latest laptops, Blu-ray® and media players.
- Easy image adjustments - Position your projector almost anywhere and still get a correctly proportioned image, with keystone correction and easy-slide controls.
- Quick Corner® - This innovative feature allows you to move any of the four corners of an image independently, to adjust each corner for a perfectly rectangular picture.
- Convenientlens control - Optimize the image size whether your projector is close to the screen or far away, with the 1.35x digital zoom..
- USB Plug ‘n Play instant setup - Instantly project audio and video from a PC or Mac® via a USB connection.
- Quick, convenient control - Instant Off® means no cool-down time required; it’s ready to shut down when you are.
Built-in closed captioning
- Helps meet ADA 508 requirements for students with hearing impairments
- No need to pay for an additional decoder
Save energy and more
Easily conserve power
• ECO mode — operates the projector in a lower brightness setting
• Sleep Mode (A/V Mute) — control your presentation; it’s right at your fingertips
• Direct Power Off/On — power the projector on/off with the flip of a wall switch
• Standby audio out — continue to pass audio out to an external speaker and play your audio even when the projector is “off” (in Standby Mode)
• Standby microphones — use a connected wired or wireless microphone, amplified through the built-in speakers, even while the projector is in Standby Mode
• Schedule function — control the projector at non-networked venues; the embedded “clock” inside the projector enables it to schedule tasks without having the “Network Standby Mode” on
Energy-efficient, long-life lamp
- Epson lamps maximize viewing time while minimizing the total cost of ownership
- Epson’s unique lamp design saves energy — lamp lasts up to 6000 hours3
- Replacement lamps available at a low cost
1Compared to leading 1-chip DLP business and education projectors based on NPD data, July 2011 through June 2012. Color brightness (color light output) measured in accordance with IDMS 15.4. Color brightness will vary depending on usage conditions.
2Color brightness (color light output) and white brightness (white light output) will vary depending on usage conditions. Color light output measured in accordance with IDMS 15.4; white light output measured in accordance with ISO 21118.
3ECO Mode is up to 6000 hours. Normal Mode is up to 5000 hours. Lamp life will vary depending upon mode selected, environmental conditions and usage. Lamp brightness decreases over time.
4Data source: ProjectorCentral.com Jan. 2013. Average of 1128 shipping models for which the manufacturers provided lumens and total power data, all resolutions and brightness levels. Energy efficiency was measured as wattage per lumen. It was measured for both 3LCD and 1-chip projectors in each of five brightness segments. 3LCD projectors averaged less required electricity per lumen in each of the five segments.
5Among people who had a preference, 9 out of 10 preferred images from 3LCD projectors over leading 1-chip DLP business and education projectors. Leading projectors selected according to NPD data as of July 2013. Based on independent U.S. research conducted by Radius Research (July 2013).
6See our website for convenient and reasonable recycling options at www.epson.com/recycle
7SmartWay is an innovative partnership of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency that reduces greenhouse gases and other air pollutants and improves fuel efficiency.