Sanyo Presentation Technologies PLC-XL50
XGA Native Ultra Short Focus Digital Multimedia Projector
All Specifications are Tentative and Subject to Change Upon Final Release by Manufacturer
WORLD’S SHORTEST THROW DISTANCE
In order for Sanyo to shorten the projection distance of the PLC-XL50, a new large diameter aspheric (non-spherical) lens and high-precision aspheric mirror technology was developed. A new optical engine was also developed, which enables an 80-inch projection from the ultra-short distance of only 3-inches (8 cm). This creates an opportunity to project extremely large images in any room or space that is available.
NEW OPTICAL ENGINE FOR VERTICAL AND HORIZONTAL PROJECTION
The proprietary optical and cooling mechanism technologies used in the PLC-XL50 allow both vertical and horizontal projection. The new optical engine was created with a high-precision aspheric mirror combined with a distortion correction mechanism lens, enabling large magnification without distortion, even from ultrashort distances. To allow projection either vertically or horizontally, a special cooling mechanism was also essential. The resulting solution is a one-way flow system consisting of an air intake and exhaust mechanism on the main body of the projector -- thus allowing optimal positioning of the main components.
WORLD’S FIRST PROJECTOR ALLOWING IMAGINATIVE VERSATILE APPLICATIONS
By shortening the distance for projection, the options for installation are greatly improved, including floor, tabletop and wall mount projection. The variety of applications is almost limitless, providing effective, quick and easy presentations or displays. Projecting a large screen image on the floor in a pre-school creates a new style of teaching and classroom interaction. The PLC-XL50 presents a new avenue for education/instruction, “edutainment,” specialized
business viewing and informational attention-getting signage.
EASILY ADAPTS TO DIFFERENT PROJECTION SURFACES
Projection surface-oriented features include top and bottom keystone correction for proper alignment of the projector and a Color Board Mode, which allows adjustment of the hue when projecting an image on a color (non-white) surface so that it appears to be projected on a white surface. The additional Black Board Mode enables educational institutions to use the projector with all standardized educational boards.
EASY SET-UP AND REMOVAL PLUS ANIT-THEFT ALARM
The PLC-XL50 turns on automatically when the power cord is plugged into an electrical outlet. With the Easy-Off function, it's possible to unplug the power cord without waiting for the machine to cool down, making it convenient for quickly clearing away the area after a presentation. The unit has been outfitted with a built-in, vibration sensor alert. An alarm sounds when the unit is picked up, proving to be an effective theft deterrent.
Sanyo Warranty Quick Repair Program
- Audio Alarm: Built-in vibration sensor alert, effective against theft
- Easy Off Function: The power cord may be removed without waiting for the machine to cool down. Convenient for clearing away
- On-start Function: Possible to set power to turn on simply by plugging in the power cord, not necessary to use the remote control or on-board buttons
- Color Board Mode: When projecting on a wall or surface that is colored (non-white), it will appear as though the projected image is being projected on a white surface because of the adjustable hue
- Blackboard (Green board) Mode: Enables educational institutions to use the projector with all standardized educational boards
- Top and Bottom Keystone Correction Function
Sanyo is committed to ensuring that its LCD Projector products perform superbly. Sanyo is also committed to customer satisfaction. In the unlikely event that any Sanyo LCD projector that is covered by the original warranty fails to operate properly due to a manufacturing defect, the unit is eligible for Sanyo'S Quick Repair Program (QRP).
- First it is necessary to determine if the unit requires service or if the problem can be easily corrected without sending in the unit. Check the FAQ section on Sanyo's Web site. If the answer to your problem is not indicated there, you may call Visual Apex or call SANYO toll free at 888.337.1215 for additional assistance.
- Once it has been determined by Sanyo technical offices that the projector needs service, you will be faxed or e-mailed a QRP authorization number and instructions where and how to send the unit.
- Sanyo will provide you with a Federal Express number so that you can overnight the malfunctioning unit - Sanyo pays the freight!
- After the unit is received at Sanyo, they will repair it and return it to you in 24-72 hours (typically). Most of the projectors receive are repaired and sent back within 48 hours. However, Sanyo can not guarantee this turn around.
When calling Sanyo for technical assistance, please have the following information ready and available: Contact Name, Contact Phone Number, Contact Email Address, Contact Fax Number (if available), Projector Model Number, Serial Number, Date of Purchase and Detail Description of the Problem.
For ease of use, download this form: Click Here (PDF Form)