PowerLite 965 XGA 3LCD Projector
The advanced ultra-bright projector for today's classroom
The PowerLite 965 provides the premium choice for today’s classroom, with flexible installation features and advanced network connectivity. Offering 3x Brighter Colors1 than competitive models, Epson 3LCD projectors ensure vivid lessons. With XGA resolution and 3500 lumens of color brightness and 3500 lumens of white brightness2, the PowerLite 965 always ensures engaging lessons. A 1.6x optical zoom allows for great image quality and easy installation nearly anywhere. Project and control content from multiple devices and easily collaborate with everyone in the BYOD classroom. The PowerLite 965 is also equipped with HDMI connectivity and premium audio features.
3x Brighter Colors1, and reliable performance — 3LCD, 3-chip technology
One measurement of brightness is not enough — look for both high color brightness and high white brightness. The PowerLite 965 has:
Color Brightness — 3500 lumens2
White Brightness — 3500 lumens2
Premium quality and installation flexibility — XGA resolution and a 1.6x optical zoom for great images, wherever you choose to install the projector
Manage your projector and present remotely — easy network connectivity; software included
Moderator software — wirelessly control which personal devices are displayed
Wireless — project from your iPhone®, iPad® and Android™ mobile devices with the Epson iProjection™ App3
HDMI digital connectivity — high-quality video and audio with just one cable
Easily engage your students — built-in 16 W speaker and microphone input; or, use external speakers, even in Standby Mode
3x Brighter Colors with Epson1
Brilliant image quality requires high color brightness (color light output), and Epson 3LCD projectors have 3x Brighter Colors than leading competitive projectors.1
One brightness measurement (lumens) is not enough. A projector’s specification needs to show both high color brightness and high white brightness. If color brightness is lower than white brightness, images may be dark, dull and lose detail. If not provided, be sure to ask for a projector’s color brightness specification.
Amazing image quality
3LCD — The #1 projection technology in the world
- All 3LCD projectors have both high color brightness and high white brightness
- All 3LCD projectors have 3 chips
- 25% lower power consumption for lower energy costs4
- 20 years of road-tested reliability
Remarkable resolution for brilliant clarity and detail
Resolution defines the level of detail and depth you’ll see in a projected image. It’s measured as the number of pixels wide by the number of pixels high. The more pixels, the better the detail.
Easy to use
Simple Setup Suite from Epson
Epson projectors offer a suite of innovative features that ensure flexible placement and fast, easy setup.
- HDMI connectivity - Get both audio and brilliant HD video quality with just one cable. Compatible with the latest laptops, Blu-Ray® and media players.
- Convenient lens control - Optimize the image size whether your projector is close to the screen or far away with the 1.6x optical zoom.
- Easy image adjustments - Position your projector almost anywhere and still get a correctly proportioned image with keystone correction and easy-slide controls.
- Quick CornerTM - This innovative feature allows you to move any of the four corners of an image independently, to adjust each corner for a perfectly rectangular picture.
- Advanced 3-in-1 USB Plug ‘n Play instant setup - Instantly project audio and video from a PC or Mac® via a USB connection
- Quick, convenient control - Instant Off®/On means no cool-down time required; it’s ready to shut down when you are.
Built-in closed captioning
- Helps meet ADA 508 requirements for students with hearing impairments
- No need to pay for an additional decoder and its installation
Networking features that take teaching to the next level
Projector management and network-wide announcements
- Manage up to 1024 Epson networked projectors using the included EasyMP®software or Crestron® RoomView® — saves time and money
- Send updates or announcements remotely to up to 1024 Epson networked projectors using the Message Broadcasting plug-in for EasyMP
- Connect your projector to an access point to share it with the entire class, without running more cables
Share from your tablet or smartphone
Display from your iOS or Android mobile device with the free Epson iProjection App and any nearby wireless Epson projector.3
- Control your presentation with just a touch of the screen
- Advance through PowerPoint® or Keynote presentations
- Zoom in and out of PDF, Excel® and Word® documents
- Project Web pages and view brilliant, high-quality images
Choose the function/connection that's right for you
- Support BYOD classroom collaboration using Epson’s Moderator software
• Present up to four different device screens to the entire class
• Connect up to 50 Windows®, Mac, iOS or Android devices
• Encourage and control classroom collaboration
- Change presenters wirelessly via Windows, Mac, iOS or Android devices
Save energy and more
Energy-efficient, long-life lamp
- Epson lamps maximize viewing time while minimizing the total cost of ownership
- Epson’s unique lamp design saves energy — lamp lasts up to 6000 hours6
- Replacement lamps available at a low cost
Easily conserve power
- ECO mode — operates the projector in a lower brightness setting
- Sleep Mode (A/V Mute) — control your presentation; it’s right at your fingertips
- Direct Power Off/On — power the projector on/off with the flip of a wall switch
- Standby audio out — continue to pass audio out to an external speaker and play your audio even when the projector is “off” (in Standby Mode)
- Standby microphones — use a connected wired or wireless microphone, amplified through the built-in speakers, even while the projector is in Standby Mode
- Schedule function — control the projector at non-networked venues; the embedded “clock” inside the projector enables it to schedule tasks without having the “Network Standby Mode” on
1Compared to leading 1-chip DLP business and education projectors based on NPD data, July 2011 through June 2012. Color brightness (color light output) measured in accordance with IDMS 15.4. Color brightness will vary depending on usage conditions.
2Color brightness (color light output) and white brightness (white light output) will vary depending on usage conditions. Color light output measured in accordance with IDMS 15.4; white light output measured in accordance with ISO 21118.
3Check your owner’s manual to determine if a separate wireless LAN module must be purchased separately to enable wireless connection on your Epson projector. Epson projectors can be networked either through the Ethernet port on the projector (check model specifications for availability) or via a wireless connection. Not all Epson projectors are able to be networked. Availability varies depending on model.
4Data source: ProjectorCentral.com Jan. 2013. Average of 1128 shipping models for which the manufacturers provided lumens and total power data, all resolutions and brightness levels. Energy efficiency was measured as wattage per lumen. It was measured for both 3LCD and 1-chip projectors in each of five brightness segments. 3LCD projectors averaged less required electricity per lumen in each of the five segments.
5Among people who had a preference, 9 out of 10 preferred images from 3LCD projectors over leading 1-chip DLP business and education projectors. Leading projectors selected according to NPD data as of July 2013. Based on independent U.S. research conducted by Radius Research (July 2013).
6ECO Mode is up to 6000 hours. Normal Mode is up to 5000 hours. Lamp life will vary depending upon mode selected, environmental conditions and usage. Lamp brightness decreases over time.
7See our website for convenient and reasonable recycling options at www.epson.com/recycle
8SmartWay is an innovative partnership of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency that reduces greenhouse gases and other air pollutants and improves fuel efficiency.